Personal Finance & Blogging Resources
Here is a list of resources that I use for blogging, business, and money. Some of these are affiliate links, which means I’ll earn a commission if you click on those particular links and then buy something through them. (There’s no extra charge to you, though.) If you do choose to buy through any of my affiliate links, thank you! I appreciate it.
- Digit – a very cool service that automates your savings for you (you can see my review of Digit right here)
- Pay Off Debt – the debt snowball apps I created for the iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Tradeking – I have my main Roth IRA here, and buy stocks and mutual funds within that
- UDirect – I have my self-directed traditional IRA here
- 101 Ways to Make Extra Money in Your Spare Time – an idea book I wrote
- Aweber – allows you to send out email newsletters and create and manage mailing lists
- BlueHost – the web host I use. I like them because they allow you to host multiple domain names for the same price, have unlimited storage, and allow ftp access. They’ve also been helpful with my questions.
- Deposit Photos – a nice stock photography site that I’ve used several times.
- Fiverr – a site I’ve used for several small projects. (Having a custom image created and getting a CSS issue fixed, etc.)
- Focus at Will – Music that helps me stay focused and concentrate while writing.
- Gravatar – allows you to post comments on blogs, etc using a “globally recognized avatar”. (These are the little pictures that appear next to some comments.)
- Grayson Bell of iMark Interactive – Grayson knows his stuff when it comes to WordPress, so he’s great at troubleshooting problems or just plain managing the technical stuff for you.
- Icon Finder – like the name says, a nice site to find icons for social media, etc.
- Social Warfare – this is THE plugin to get for encouraging widespread sharing of your blog posts. It’s GREAT because it allows you to specify separate images and text for Pinterest and Facebook/Twitter, which is a complete must if you want to be successful on multiple social media platforms.
- WishList Member – a nice membership plugin that works great with WordPress. Allows you to quickly and easily create a members-only site or to put up a pay wall on a portion of your site. I’ve used this elsewhere and been very happy with it.
- WordPress.com – good site if you want to start a completely free blog.
- WordPress.org – free and wonderful blogging software (use with various themes and plugins) that you can use for self-hosted blogs. (For example, if you host your site on BlueHost and are hoping to make an income as a blogger.)
- Xenu – allows you to check for broken links on web sites