It’s Time for a Quarterly Goals Check-Up
It’s time for a quarterly checkup, because goals that you don’t check in on regularly become…forgotten. And wow, the year is 3/4th of the way over already.
So, how are you doing on your goals so far this year? Are you making the kind of progress you would like? Have you made any changes to them, or gotten some of them completed?
Here’s how I’m doing so far on mine:
- Finish funding my 2009 Roth IRA – DONE
- Fully fund my 2010 IRA – On track so far
- Pay a minimum of $35 extra per month toward mortgage, and send additional as well – On track. We’ve been sending about $1000 extra per month lately.
- Increase my income by at least 100% – If you base this on monthly income, I met this goal for the first time last month. Now I just need to do it every month.
- Reduce minimum regular expenses to $1800 or less – DONE. (Although note that I’m spending more than that; it’s just that the minimums have been reduced.)
- Practice moderation – If you count reducing the number of ice cream sandwiches I’ve been eating lately as progress, then I’m making progress on this.
- Try something different every month this year – I tried a couple of new things this quarter but still need to get back on track here.
- Build up to exercising 2-3 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time – Maybe I should change this to “exercise 2-3 times before the end of the year” because I’ve made zero progress with this.
Hope things are going well for your goals. And if they’re not, remember that you can always start fresh. (Like I need to do with the exercise part.)