It’s Been 3 Months Since New Year’s — How Are Your Goals Coming Along?
It’s been three month’s since the big goal-setting and resolution-making extravaganza that is New Year’s. How are your goals coming along? I have to write mine down, both because doing so helps me to achieve them, and well, so I don’t forget what they even were!
It also helps to review them regularly, so here’s how I’ve done on my goals so far this year:
- Finish funding my 2009 Roth IRA – Almost there! I could have polished this one off this month, but went ahead and made a contribution to my 2010 IRA instead because it was just easier to do it that way.
- Fully fund my 2010 IRA – Barely started on this one.
- Pay a minimum of $35 extra per month toward mortgage, and send additional as well – Making good progress here.
- Increase my income by at least 100% – Still working on this one.
- Reduce minimum regular expenses to $1800 or less – Not really happening.
- Practice moderation – This is probably the hardest one here. I need to set up some sort of measure so that I can see if I’m accomplishing it or not.
- Try something different every month this year – I’m doing OK on this one, although I still need to try something new for this month.
- Build up to exercising 2-3 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time – Hm. Working on this.