Unless you’ve just inherited wealth or have been born into poverty, chances are that your financial state is based on mainly on your habits.
In other words, there are things that wealthy people do, and there are things broke people do. Here are some of the more common broke-people traits.
- Buy now, pay later
- Spend more than they earn
- Usually feel compelled to pick up the tab when out with friends or coworkers
- Wouldn’t be caught dead with coupons
- Don’t understand why they can’t get ahead
- Don’t take responsibility for their own financial state
- Have no real idea of where their money went
- Forget to pay themselves at all, let alone first
- Say things like “Oh but I had to take out that loan, because _____ happened and I didn’t have enough money”
Can you think of any more things broke people do? How many of those things have you done? Sadly, I used to do all but numbers 3 & 4 on a regular basis. And yes, I was broke. On the plus side, I’ve got proof that people can change!Posted in Emotions & Money on 06.13.11 with 8 comments.