This is going to be a little bit of this and that, all mixed up into one post. Mostly, it’s an update on some of the money-related things going on in my life. But also, there are snazzy links at the end!
And I want to hear from you too, so if you have a minute drop a little update of your own in the comments.
First, I’m super excited to say that I’m a guest on the latest PT Money podcast episode talking about my Pay Off Debt iPhone app. (It’s my first podcast, so be gentle.) Bur it was a lot of fun to talk with Philip on his podcast. You can listen to the episode here or subscribe to the PT Money podcast in iTunes to hear how other folks are making money on the side.
Second, I’ve been secretly working on (among other things) an ebook on beginning blogging that is finally at the “yes I can see that this really IS going to get completed” stage. So that’s promising. It should be useful to folks who are interested in blogging but who don’t know where to start. And it will probably be either free or very low cost.
What’s your philosophy on ebooks? I’m never sure on pricing because I think folks tend to value things more when they have to pay something, but on the other hand I also like providing free info.
Third, I’ve met a miniature goal of mine. I’ve actually made it THREE WHOLE DAYS without receipts and paperwork escaping their single pile or toppling over. In fact, about 97% of them have even made it into Quicken and then the spreadsheet.
And finally, links:
- Mrs. Accountability has a horror story after a strangely lengthy car repair. What would you do in her situation?
- I loved this interview from Jeff Rose about How a Small Town Girl Got 17 Million YouTube Views and 100,00 Raving Subscribers
- The Digerati Life provides some survival tips for a sole proprietor — pointing out things should you be mindful of if you’re going into business for yourself.
- Funny has a thought-provoking question for you: Can you support your parents?
- There’s a great insider tip in Laurel’s article on Frugal Dad about how to find cheap airline tickets. I’ve got to keep that in mind!
- I also participated in this month’s Carnival of Money Stories, which always has interesting articles.
That’s it for the randomness. Hope you have a great weekend!Posted in Roundups on 04.01.11 with 2 comments.