Do you have a side hustle? A side hustle is basically anything you do to make extra income outside of regular employment. (So if you blog and make any money from it, that counts.)
I’m not sure I’ve ever listed out all of the side projects I’m involved with before, but thought this might be a good time to do so. I’d love your feedback on some of the newer ones.
Here’s what I’ve got in the hopper for future release
- A program related to photography. This is a joint venture with a MoneyCrush reader that is just in the very earliest stages. I’m super excited about it though.
- A new blog. I also started a new blog a while back (about, probably not surprisingly) blogging. However I’m keeping it under wraps for a bit longer until I get it spruced up. I’ve got content up, which is the important part, but I want it to look nicer before officially announcing it. Right now it’s very bare-bones, which is putting it kindly. At least one e-book will be coming out there too, eventually.
- Ideastorming. If there’s one thing I’m really good at, it’s coming up with ideas. I also love helping others, so I’m combining the two by offering ideastorming sessions. The deal is this: you tell me the area you’re wanting ideas in, and then you’ll get a 30 minute phone call with me. During the call, I’ll get a feel for what you’re hoping to accomplish + your current knowledge and interests, and then you’ll get at least 15 related ideas via email afterward. It’s a flat fee of $150, and if for some highly unlikely reason I can’t come up with enough ideas, there will be no charge. If you’re interested in this, just email me with ideastorming as the subject line.
- Pay Off Debt app. My debt snowball app is still doing well. (Although my goal is to get it back into the top 10 financial apps, where it would be doing much better.) To that end I’m working on an update to the iPhone version of it that includes a redesign and several new much-requested features. That’s scheduled to be completed in early November.
- My blogs. Obviously, I blog here at MoneyCrush. I love sharing things with you guys and hearing from you. (Thank you so much for reading.) I also blog twice a week at The Debt Myth, which is focused on helping folks break free of the notion that debt is a way of life. I also have a few other niche-y blogs that I post on occasionally.
So that’s the list of my current side hustles. As you can tell, there are tons of different ways to make extra money on the side. All it takes is initiative, effort and stick-to-itive-ness. Mine are almost all related to technology, but there are plenty of side hustles that aren’t if that’s not your thing. I pick things that I think I’ll really enjoy, which seems to help.
What about you? Do you have any side hustles? What are they and how did you come to be doing them, if so?Posted in Make Money on 10.12.11 with 28 comments.